Below is a job description for our Brand Manager position(s).
JOB TITLE: Brand Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The Brand Manager is responsible for brand strategies, promoting brand growth and expansion, building the brand by communicating our message to key customers about what we do and how we can bring them value while focusing on our mission and vision of what makes Insight Partners unique and sharing it with the world to achieve our brand business objectives in the short and long term.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability, and physical demands required.
• Stays current on market trends and competitive activity.
• Defines and manages the brand communication strategy using a variety of media.
• Participates in the development and messaging of the brand narrative.
• Assists in creating, designing, executing and managing marketing programs, campaigns, catalogs, flyers, brochures, presentations, etc.
• Analyzes brand positioning and consumer insights.
• Shapes and communicates our vision and mission.
• Translates brand elements into plans and go-to-market strategies.
• Monitors market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities.
• Oversees new and ongoing marketing and advertising activities.
• Monitors product distribution and consumer reactions.
• Devises innovative growth strategies.
• Aligns the company around the brand’s direction, choices, and tactics.
• Content Creation: Writes and edits a variety of content types, including but not limited to sales collateral, website copy, social content, campaigns, case studies, emails, presentations, digital assets, etc.
• Responsible for external communication updates including, but not limited to, any established social media accounts, business websites, presentations, and search engine profiles.
• Collaborates with designers, marketing, sales, external influencers, and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of Insight Partners and our varying target audiences.
• Assists in the production and management of content, including copywriting, photography, and video.
• Helps develop, manage, and implement all external company events including trade show booths, sales retreats, etc. and any necessary promotional elements/initiatives associated with the event.
• Aids with coordinating and scheduling guests for online shows and podcasts.
• Assists with various projects and/or other special projects as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Communication - Ability to communicate orally and in writing, with clarity and good effect. Understands clearly and quickly when instructions or orders are received. Consistent messaging and brand personality/tone while aligning with the Insight brand. Collaborates with other Team members to conceptualize and develop multimedia projects. Strong persuasion and relationship building skills.
• Customer/Brand Focus - Dedicated to successfully communicating the Insight brand internally and externally exceeding expectations. Uses customer feedback for marketing and communication improvements. Acts with the customer/brand in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with fellow Team members, as well as customers to gain their trust and respect. Provides outstanding internal customer service and support and collaborates both locally and across multiple offices/brands with a focus on not only your success but also the success of others.
• Action Oriented - Enjoys working hard. Is action oriented and full of energy for things seen as challenging. Seizes more opportunities than others. Reacts quickly to critical situations.
• Time Management - Uses time effectively and efficiently. Values time. Concentrates efforts on the more important priorities. Gets more done in less time than others. Can attend to a broader range of activities. High level of initiative with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, deal with ambiguity and manage projects.
• Forward Thinking – Maintains an understanding of important trends and developments related to marketing best practices and as they related to the HVAC industry. Strategic thinker. Able to identify long-term opportunities. Creative and innovative mind with relentless focus.
• Education and/or Experience - Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or related field or 4+ years of relevant experience in brand marketing and/or marketing support.
• Language Skills - Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret business data in English. Ability to respond to common inquiries and/or feedback from fellow Team members, customers, manufacturers, industry leaders, guest speakers, etc. Ability to interact clearly and effectively, in both written and oral communication with supervisor, fellow Team members, customers, manufacturers, etc.
• Computer Skills – Proficient in Office (specifically PowerPoint), and best practices for driving social media audiences, including YouTube, LinkedIn, Podcast, TikTok, etc. Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (in particular: Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, InDesign) to deliver best-in-class marketing materials (basic knowledge of video editing software a strong plus).
• HVAC industry experience a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual must be able to remain in a stationary position for 60 percent of the time while operating their computer and performing office work. The individual needs to move about inside the office and occasionally at Company events, work sites, etc. They regularly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, fax machine, and computer printer. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 15 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The individual must be capable of reviewing their work for errors and making adjustments as necessary.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate, but can escalate to high if visiting a Company event, work site, etc. The individual frequently works in a controlled climate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.