Parts Store Branch Manager
Below is a job description for our Parts Store Branch Manager position(s).
Job Title: Store Branch Manager
Reports To: General Manager - Aftermarket Group
FLSA Status: Exempt
SUMMARY: The Store Branch Manager is responsible for the day-to-day activities in the showroom/store, including supporting customer needs, providing solutions for customer issues, pulling orders & loading for customers, promoting store sales through effective sales techniques, maintaining sufficient floor stock, cleaning the showroom/store and customer area as needed, supervising counter salesperson(s) by performing the following duties and responsibilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Functions as role model to staff by performing all store functions as necessary, demonstrating good work habits, encouraging safe work practices and promoting positive attitudes toward customers.
• Responsible for product labeling, pricing and locations of all showroom/store inventory and enters this information into Company software for ease of finding.
• Values sale price of stock inventory according to pricing set forth by the General Manager – Parts and corporate policy.
• Maintains and stocks inventory in the showroom/store.
• Maintains store standards in accordance with corporate policy.
• Keeps store front clean, organized, and stocked for customers.
• Minimizes customer complaints through effective customer service in accordance with store policy.
• Ensures cash drawers are reconciled accurately daily.
• Ability to collect/refund monies effectively and efficiently to customers.
• Reports any theft or suspected theft by customers or employees to the appropriate parties immediately.
• Consistently provides sufficient staffing for store needs at all times, if applicable.
• Instructs store staff regarding job responsibilities on an ongoing basis, if applicable.
• Prepares and submits time schedules as prescribed by corporate policy.
• Pulls/packs orders for customer pickup, shipping or delivery to match purchase orders and assists with loading customer vehicle or company vehicle(s).
• Unloads inventory from freight trucks, as needed.
• Receives and documents deliveries for discrepancies and resolves problems promptly with Warehouse/Purchasing Support, as needed.
• Communicates delivery needs with Warehouse/Purchasing Support.
• Participates in the inventory process for all warehouses.
• Maintains a “Customer First” attitude always.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Interviews and hires store personnel, if needed.
• Enforces store policies in verbal and written form to store personnel, if needed.
• Assigns daily duties and supervises store personnel to ensure smooth daily operations, if needed.
• Conducts performance evaluations for store personnel in accordance with company policy.
• Education and/or Experience- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) required. 5 years of retail/wholesale experience required. 2-3 years of management experience preferred.
• Language Skills- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret legal and other documents in English. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers (internal and external), regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to management, public groups, and/or board of directors. Ability to interact clearly and effectively, in both written and oral communication, with supervisor, clients, staff, vendors, etc.
• Mathematical Skills- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Computer Skills- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, etc. This role requires an intermediate level of knowledge of Microsoft Office. Facts experience is a plus.
• Other Qualifications- Valid driver’s license is required. Forklift certification or ability to get certified within first 30 days is required.
• Customer Focus – Ability to put the customer FIRST. Develops, establishes and maintains relationships with customers and potential customers, while providing excellent service and solutions.
• Time Management- Uses time effectively and efficiently. Values time. Concentrates efforts on the more important priorities. Gets more done in less time than others. Can attend to a broader range of activities.
• Organization- Marshals resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done. Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal. Uses resources effectively and efficiently. Arranges information and files in a useful manner.
• Communication- Able to inform orally and in writing, with clarify and good effect. Understands clearly and quickly when instructions or orders are received. Judges what information is important and what is not, and what should be communicated, how, to whom and when.
• Safety- Safety conscious about the work environment and equipment. Keeps work area free of debris to prevent trip and slip hazards. All products and equipment are stored in proper location. All safety guards and other safety devices are in proper location, are functional, and utilized effectively on a consistent basis. Standard operating procedures, safety work rules and good general practices are followed daily.